I HAVE TO GET OLD! BUT I DON'T HAVE TO GET FAT & SLOW!

I vividly remember sitting in the back of my Dad's jeep as a young kid, maybe eight or nine years old. We were in some grocery store parking lot. I remember seeing this older man struggle to first get out of his car then shuffle his massive frame ever so slowly towards the grocery store. What struck me, was how this man had to stop and catch his breath after only just a few tiny steps.
Now years later I understand many circumstances could be responsible for that man's condition, however I also know America and Americans are fast dominating this lowly category. Number one in Obesity! Both adult and child obesity. We are a fat nation!
That scene so many years ago had an ever lasting effect on me, I promised myself I would never let my weight get so out of control that it would effect me in such a detrimental way. I control my health, my fitness. I control my blood pressure my cholesterol and my body fat. Not drugs or fad diets or circumstance. Not work, school or family obligations. I control it, so do you. Take responsibility for your own health and make the lifestyle changes needed to be healthier both on the inside and out. You and the people around you will be better off for it, this I promise you.

Richard